Newbie beyond recovery or definition, it seems

From: Sam Waring
Subject: Newbie beyond recovery or definition, it seems
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:18:12 -0600

     I'm experimenting with LilyPond as a way of creating some simple
melody lines I can kludge into explanations of chant.  However, GSview
keeps spitting up the first .ly file I've created (see below), complaining
of an undefined term, and I can't find anything in the FAQs or list
archives to tell me what I've done wrong.  Also, I'm blest if I can see
how to code a key signature such as B-flat; again, I read all over the
place in the online docs and then took my best guess at it, but I've no
idea that I'm correct.  Elucidation will be welcomed.

Displaying non DSC file C:/cygwin/home/Dustpuppy/plainchant.ly
Unrecoverable error: undefined in \header

--- Begin offending input ---
\header{
filename =      "plainchant.ly"
title =                 "Sarum plain chant"
composer =      "Traditional"
enteredby =     "sjcw"
copyright =     "public domain"
}

\score {
  \notes {
     \time 4/4
     \clef violin
     \key bes \major
     d--2 [e8 f8] g4 | a--4 [b8 e8] [b,8 e8 d8 c8] |
     b1-\fermata
     \bar"|."
  }
  \paper { }
}
--- End offending input ---
file offset = 0
gsapi_run_string_continue returns -21

(Incidentally, adding Gregorian or Sarum notation support to ver 1.5 would
be favorite, if it's not slated to go in there already.)

                                 Sam