Re: Problems with lilypond

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Problems with lilypond
Date: 12 Nov 2001 11:48:21 +0100

"Michael Goodman" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello, I just recently installed Lilypond on my Windows 98
> computer. It took many attempts to get everything installed, as many
> times there was a file called guile that kept having trouble getting
> installed.

What where the troubles that you had, how did you succeed at last?  If
there's anything you could add to

    http://lilypond.org/wiki/?TroubleshootingWindows

that would be helpful for other Windows users, please do so.

> At any rate, now that I have it installed I tried running
> ly2dvi -P test.ly in the shell after creating test.ly as is detailed
> in the "running lilypond" section of the tutorial on the web page,
> and keep getting the following error:
>
> Traceback <most recent call last>:
>   File "/use/lilypond-1.4.8/bin/ly2dvi.py", line 69, in ?
>     import resource
> ImportError: No module named resource
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to get ly2dvi to work on my
> computer?

Yes,

Comment-out the line that imports resource, like this:

    /usr/lilypond-1.4.8/bin/ly2dvi.py:
    # import resource

> Thank you for your help.

Btw, there's a special page in the wiki for windows specific problems:

    http://lilypond.org/wiki/?TroubleshootingWindows

Try visiting that page if you have other problems.

Oh and please just send plain text email to this list next time; do
not use html.

Thanks,
Jan.