lilypond-user-fr

Re: Change a string in to a identical list

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Change a string in to a identical list
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 20:59:56 +0200

Hello,

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/List_002fString-Conversion.html

Carl
Carl: I know about that section but i do not know how to make any thing there work for this Do you have an example? Thank you,ƒg
This is: (string->list "abcd") returning (#\a #\b #\c #\d). This procedure converts a string into a list of characters. You may want a list of single-character strings instead. Then here you go: (map string (string->list "abcd")) Thas gives ("a" "b" "c" "d"). The other one on the same page is for splitting a string following certain criteria. For example, if you want to split by spaces, then that would be (string-split "Hello world!" #\space) resulting in ("Hello" "world!"). That said, I don't really understand why you are mixing numbers and letters in your strings. As David suggested, it would be more natural to start with a list. And if you provide context about what you're trying to achieve, we likely can give more helpful answers. Best, Jean Abou Samra