lilypond-user-fr

Re: Hungarian Gregorian

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Hungarian Gregorian
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:29:29 +0100

Hi Daniel,
See: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#inbox/14b2d29222c2708b

Cheers,
Pierre

Hi,
I did not receive the first question nor pdf of this problem, so I am lost.
Coyld you resend the first message ?
Thanks
Daniel Bernair
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:36 PM

<please respond to the list>

Hi Sister Judith,

Yes, you're right - not so much time though, interesting time I should say!
I've added a draft to the LSR : http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=973
Stems and ornaments have been changed into other characters.
Glad you loke it.

Cheers,
Pierre

Wow, thank you so much!!!

The layout/ view is almost perfect :-)
The curved "stems" are a bit too far from the notes.

Am I right that you used signs instead of notes?
You must have been spending quite much time to do. (for me it seems a bit complicated at the moment...I try to get used to it)

Thank you very much!
Sister Judit

Hi,

First of all, I have to admit that I know almost nothing about those type of chants.
Anyway...
AFAIK, there is no predefined context or commands that will do - exactly - such scores.
I've done something similar on the german forum : http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=1801.msg9962#msg9962
The main idea was to put one voice per grouped note.

In your particular case it does not seem to be a good idea; So please find attached a compilable file :
1. I've tried to stick as much as possible to your original pdf.
2. the idea was to change the note heads stencil with grouped notes - with or without stems, spaces and/or ornaments.
3. not easy...

Hope you'll find better and/or easier solution.

Cheers,
Pierre