Re: 2.25.6 release

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: 2.25.6 release
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 18:11:01 +0200

On Fri, 2023-06-16 at 10:37 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> I know that 2.25.6 was planned for this weekend. Unfortunately, due to
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6620 , current master is not
> going to work on Kubuntu and possibly other distros.
>
> I will try to find time this evening to experiment with the alternative
> approaches proposed on
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/2033 . Meanwhile,
> should we delay the release, or do it nevertheless?

I think I'd still lean towards doing the release as planned because (a)
the issue is already there with the current 2.25.5 and (b) it's also
not clear that a fix will land before the next weekend. If wanted, I
can add a note in the release announcement that there is a known issue,
notably on Kubuntu.

That said, even though it's been four weeks since the last release, we
only have 46 commits in master since the tag. I usually try to limit
that number around 100, so from that perspective we'd be fine to wait a
bit longer if somebody feels strongly about it.

Jonas