Re: Issue with deep-copy/map-some-music a tuplet

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Issue with deep-copy/map-some-music a tuplet
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 19:55:08 +0100

     Le 25 déc. 2022 à 19:44, Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> a
     écrit :

   On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 7:22 PM Jean Abou Samra <[1]jean@abou-samra.fr>
   wrote:

     > Le 25 déc. 2022 à 19:10, Paolo Prete <[2]paolopr976@gmail.com> a
     écrit :

     > BTW:
     >
     > {
     >   \override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##f
     >   \tuplet 3/2 { s8 s8 s8 }
     > }
     >
     > In 2.24.0 and previous versions this raises the "omitting tuplet
     bracket with neither left nor right bound" warning, even if the
     bracket-visibility is explicitly set to false.
     Why would that change anything? With bracket-visibility = #f, the
     tuplet bracket is still there, just not visible. The tuplet number
     is still there and can be visible.

   You're right, but what about:
   {
      \override TupletBracket.stencil = ##f
      \tuplet 3/2 { s8 s8 s8 }
   }
   ..? Same warning

   Same remark here about the tuplet bracket being present, although
   invisible, in this case.

     I don’t understand why you think this necessitates an issue separate
     from the one that has already been created.

   Consider this:
   {
      \override TupletBracket.stencil = ##t
      \tuplet 3/2 { s8 c' s8 }
   }
   This is a tuplet without proper bounds, and the bracket doesn't appear,
   therefore. But it compiles on 2.25 too and it doesn't raise the
   "omitting tuplet bracket" warning. Therefore I think that a new issue
   that includes this case should be created.

   I am not in front of a computer right now, but '##t' is not a stencil
   value and I expect that LilyPond warns you about that.

   Alternatively, you could rename the previous GitLab issue with "Issues
   with tuplet without proper bounds", removing "no longer compile", so
   that it includes both cases that compile and cases that don't compile.

   Meta: understanding what the problem is precisely is half of the work
   to fix it, and I’m not willing to do it this evening.