Re: Figured bass bug in 2.23.82?

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Figured bass bug in 2.23.82?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 22:23:24 +0100

On Mon, 2022-12-12 at 22:05 +0100, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> Le 12/12/2022 à 21:23, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
> > On Mon, 2022-12-12 at 01:36 +0100, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> > > Note the path in /usr/share/fonts/lilypond, which is a folder
> > > provided by the lilypond package from my Fedora system
> > This should be reported, it's not how Fedora is supposed to package
> > LilyPond...
>
> I am ignorant about distro packaging. What should I explain upstream?

That they should not move the font files around. Emmentaler goes into
/usr/share/lilypond/2.23.82/fonts/, and not into /usr/share/fonts. It
is tied to the exact version of LilyPond.

> > Anyway, this doesn't explain Lukas' original problem on Mint.
>
> My conjecture was that Lukas has 2.22 installed globally like I have
> 2.23, and this would lead to characters not being found because the
> 2.22 Emmentaler doesn't have those new characters. Of course, we
> need Lukas to tell more.

As far as I can tell, Fedora is the only distribution to install the
Emmentaler font weirdly into /usr/share/fonts. Debian, Ubuntu, and Mint
properly leave it in /usr/share/lilypond/2.22.2/fonts/. I don't think
this is the explanation.

Jonas