Re: New CI runner

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: New CI runner
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 19:27:36 +0100

> From: Karlin High <karlinhigh@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: New CI runner
> Date: 12 December 2022 at 12:24:06 CET
> To: Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>
> Cc: lilypond-devel <lilypond-devel@gnu.org>
>

> No, it is Linux. (Docker in Alpine in ProxMox.)
>
> If a macOS machine is wanted, I have a MacBook Air which could help,
> although its capacities are unremarkable.
> --
> Karlin High
> Missouri, USA
>

> From: Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>
> Subject: Re: New CI runner
> Date: 12 December 2022 at 17:34:27 CET
> To: Karlin High <karlinhigh@gmail.com>
> Cc: lilypond-devel <lilypond-devel@gnu.org>, Davide Liessi
> <davide.liessi@gmail.com>
>

> Le 12/12/2022 à 12:24, Karlin High a écrit :
>> No, it is Linux. (Docker in Alpine in ProxMox.)
>>
>> If a macOS machine is wanted, I have a MacBook Air which could help,
>> although its capacities are unremarkable.
>

> OK. What version of macOS does this MacBook Air have? The main goal would be
> to find a machine with a version more recent than 10.13 (High Sierra), which
> is what Davide (in CC) has. 10.13 is starting to age and is no longer
> supported.

Depending on how much capacity would be needed for a runner I may also be able
to contribute by running a gitlab runner VM on my Mac Pro 2013 (Intel 1-4-2
Xeon E5 3.7GHz 64GiB RAM) (it will be competing with my own resource usage (CPU
averaging out at around 3 and memory pressure around 12% according to the
historical statistics of iStat Menus) , but the system is near 24/7/365 up and
running as among others it also serves the VM that hosts my email)

MacOS in the VM should be configurable to anything that’s still installable
from scratch (would have to dive into that… at the very least the options
available are to create from scratch from my restore partition (12.6.1) or
clone a MacOS VM that I created before upgrading to Catalina to ensure that I
had a VM with 32-bit capability still hanging around (which I’ve never had to
use up to now) - Mojave 10.14)