Re: Guile potentially changing its GC a second time

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Guile potentially changing its GC a second time
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 13:05:05 +0000

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 12:26:57PM +0100, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> Le 24/11/2022 à 12:12, Kevin Barry a écrit :
>
> GC is definitely not the kind of thing where "passes the
> regtests" means there is no problem. As we have seen in the
> past, the most infuriating and mysterious GC problems reproduce
> 1 time in 20 doc builds ...

This is not ideal, but would some kind of manually run test that does
things like that (build a bunch of pathological-case scores 100 times)
be a bad idea? There would be a maintenance burden, but it might mean we
catch problems before breaking users' scores. The test could be run (by
a human) when there's a new Guile release, or before we do a stable
release, or some such.

Kevin