Re: Prefer luatex for documentation

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Prefer luatex for documentation
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 10:14:18 +0100

I would have sworn one of the TUG updates on the state of luatex stated
that pdfTeX had been frozen for several years
and that at some point it was decided that "from then on" it would be
implemented in terms of luatex instead.
I must admit I never fully understood how this was mechanically possible,
in that pdftex has built-ins that are
not available in luatex...
Obviously I can't find that document any longer. I'll investigate, now I'm
curious.

In any event, the point was more that luatex has been stable and very
usable for several years now and that
it's readily available in moderately recent TeX distribution.

Sorry for spreading misinformation

--
Luca Fascione