Re: strut problem,Re: strut problem

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: strut problem,Re: strut problem
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 19:11:49 +0100

Le 17/11/2022 à 18:49, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
Why is the vertical extent of the strut ignored?
Because side positioning is primarily based on (vertical) skylines,
not extents.
Thanks.  What is the reasoning behind this?  For me, this behaviour is
unexpected.

By the way, this is one reason why \strut is not such a great thing
in my opinion. I suppose that in LaTeX, {\strut abc} and {abc \strut}
(or whatever the exact syntax is) are equivalent. In LilyPond, they
can't be, since if you want \strut to factor into the skylines, its
placement will be visible in the shape of the skylines (and consequently
make a difference in the spacing).