Re: Request/offer

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Request/offer
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 08:18:06 -0600

Andre Musselman wrote:

> What is the syntax for placing the chord on a higher fret? I'm not seeing
> that.

Please see
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#predefined-fret-diagrams

 To  make a fret diagram for a higher fret, just use the desired fret and
string number in the chord definition.  You can add a fret diagram to the
table as described in the paragraph beginning with "Fret diagrams can be
added to the fret diagram table."

If you want to have two alternative chord shapes and be free to choose
between them, see the paragraph starting with "Different fret diagrams for
the same chord name can be stored using different octaves of pitches."

I'd suggest that you work your way carefully through section 2.4.1 of the
Notation Reference, as well as the snippets found here:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/snippets/fretted-strings

I think you will find that nearly every wish you might have for fret
diagrams is supported by LilyPond.

HTH,

Carl;

If you want