Re: Lilypond variables

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Lilypond variables
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 13:30:12 +0000

On 28/11/2021 13:04, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
Am Sonntag, dem 28.11.2021 um 12:57 +0000 schrieb Phil Holmes:
I'm trying to kick of a GUB build, but accessing my Ubuntu build machine
via a different route, because of problems I had earlier with my Windows
machine crashing.  I'm using a Remote Desktop Connection from my Windows
machine.  The user interface looks fairly different, but everything
seems to be there - except the variables like $LILYPOND_GIT and
$LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR.  I assume that the file that's run on logging in
directly and which sets these variables isn't being run.  Is there a way
to set them manually by running the same file?  If so, which would it
be?  Or is there a better way?
Assuming you're using bash, `source .bash_profile` might do. However, I
don't think the variables are needed for GUB. (In fact, I don't think
LilyPond's build system uses them at all anymore.)

Jonas

It's getting the PO build done that fails, since it is instructed to build it from $LILY_POND_BUILD_DIR which doesn't exist.

Phil