Re: [RFC] Moving to Guile 2.2 and away from GUB

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: [RFC] Moving to Guile 2.2 and away from GUB
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 12:43:45 +0100

Carl Sorensen writes:

Hi,

> I think GUB was a great idea, but it has proven difficult to maintain.
> And the creator of GUB (Jan), has indicated that he thinks it is not
> worth continuing to work on.  So GUB has been a dead man walking for
> some time.

FWIW, Han-Wen is the initial author of GUB

https://gitlab.com/janneke/gub/-/commit/34095019c86ced7dc3be79e306b7a7b45e3ab909

in an effort to combine the Darwin and MinGW cross build
scripts/makefiles.

But yeah, some 5 years ago

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-03/msg00204.html

I already proposed using GNU Guix, making use of its excellent cross
build system and creation of universal binaries.

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org