Re: MIDI title?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: MIDI title?
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 01:22:01 +0100

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> I have no idea what my arrangers would display then (maybe they even are
> smart enough to fall back to the filename on their own)

Turns out they are.  Problem is how to convey to Performance::output the
difference between "" and no name at all.  It is actually super-easy to
not set the track name at all when "" is given and that would reliably
keep my arrangers from bombing out on the files.

I just cannot vouch for everyone appreciating those semantics for a
title actively given as "".  I lean towards just trying to see whether
anyone complains.