Laptop 'broken' - make check no possible at this time

From: James
Subject: Laptop 'broken' - make check no possible at this time
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:48:10 +0000

Hello,

Last night my laptop's CPU fan stopped working (in quite spectacular and noisy fashion!).

I still tried to make check and even using a single CPU Job was too much for it and I got a ton of 'CPU excess heat' messages reported. I really don't want to risk overheating those 8 cores, and have a new fan on order but it will take ~week or so to arrive.

That means I cannot do any MR checks at this time, although I can do the countdown as normal.

So I'll need someone to step in for now, or you'll have to wait until the replacement arrives.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

James