Re: Stop issue verification?

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Stop issue verification?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 21:03:20 +0100

Am 02.11.2020 um 19:47 schrieb Jean Abou Samra:
Le 02/11/2020 à 18:18, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :

Thanks. I'm going ahead to change the labels right now.
Merge request put up at
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/493
and labels renamed and deleted as appropriate, except for one,
namely Status::started. While verifying what I was doing I
noticed that 51 open issues have this label (as well as,
somewhat surprisingly, 18 closed ones). Most of them
haven't been touched in years; the most recent is from
two months ago though: https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/4599
Of course, the wide majority doesn't have an assignee.

List at
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name[]=Status%3A%3AStarted

Is it fine to remove this information? I think it is, but
it seems best to have confirmation as deleting a label
can't be undone (although most of them have were marked
with this label on SourceForge, which makes it appear in
comments).
Hi Jean,
thanks for working on this!
I've had a quick glance on the list of open issues with 'Status::Started'.

It seems the majority are unfinished patches, where it is often not
clear if the original assignees
did not have time to incorporate review comments or did not want to work
further on the patch at all.
But if anybody does want to work on one of them, he can assign himself
(again).
So I think it is fine to remove 'Status::started', as well.

Cheers,
Michael