Re: ready for 2.21.80?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: ready for 2.21.80?
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 13:23:33 +0000

Looking at this now.  I see that in the 2.22 branch VERSION numbers are stable
2.22.0 and devel will be 2.21.80.  I've never really worked out how GUB decides
to create a new stable version or a development version, but it's conceivable
that it creates the highest numerical version.  I'm wondering whether it would
be good to have the stable version number fixed at 2.20.0 until we're ready to
release 2.22.0?