Re: cleaning up the binaries in the coming Frescobaldi flatpak package

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: cleaning up the binaries in the coming Frescobaldi flatpak package
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 22:59:31 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 20.10.2020, 22:24 +0200 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> I'm working on a Linux flatpak package for Frescobaldi which will
> bundle LilyPond stable (currently 2.20).
>
> In order to reduce the size of the final flatpak, I want to remove the
> binaries which are not needed to _run_ lilypond, lilypond-book or any
> other lilypond script.
> Some binaries are created while building lilypond dependencies. I'm
> concerned in particular with the bigger ones from ghostscript. Do I
> really need gpcl6 and gxps?

The dependencies are also built by flatpak (so not the "official"
binaries) and the process is steered through the yaml file that you
submitted, right? (https://github.com/flathub/flathub/pull/1277)

No, I think you actually only need "gs" and you can disable a few more
things from Ghostscript if only used by LilyPond. I've tried to build
very minimal binaries via my scripts shared a few months back, see in
particular [1] for the list of options.

Cheers,
Jonas

1: