Re: experimental code on Gitlab (bend-spanner repository)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: experimental code on Gitlab (bend-spanner repository)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 12:32:25 +0200

Il giorno mer 23 set 2020 alle 09:33, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> ha scritto:
 Why moving it to Gitlab?

 - It would have more visibility for users as well as developers.
- Perhaps Harm may start working on that repository instead of posting files on the mailing list :-) as he has an account on Gitlab. Well, if
 he doesn't, I'll keep up my git maintainer role.

My 2 cents: With that motivation, I'm against moving it to GitLab. You
wrote it's still work in progress and that you're not willing to adapt
the code for OLL or LilyPond proper. I don't see a reason to give this
a more official flavor by putting it into the organization.

I think that Harm will adapt to LilyPond proper when he thinks it's mature enough.

Harm always says it's a work in progress, but from a user point of view it's already powerful and feature rich. I wish it could be already in LilyPond core.

Anyway, I can put it on my account on Gitlab and turn the version on Pagure into a mirror.