Re: GSoC 2020: Unexpected "regressions"...

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: Unexpected "regressions"...
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 09:53:47 +0200

Am 28.08.2020 um 09:03 schrieb Owen Lamb:
Hi all,

I've encountered a couple of unexpected regressions for my first commit.
The first one was an issue with tablature stems, which I was able to fix.
The other, however, is baffling to me.

It appears that musicxml2ly creates slightly different .ly files between
the two commits, for musicxml tests 03b and 71d. In particular, it's
confusing the order of two voices within a staff. The odd thing is that
test 71d appears to have correct output only *after *my commit is applied,
while 03b is correct only *before *my commit is applied (i.e. on the
baseline commit).

None of my code did a thing to musicxml, so I'm utterly confused. Is there
some inconsistency with musicxml2ly that may have caused this regression?

I'd appreciate it if anyone has time to do a regression test on their own
machine, just to make sure it's not just a problem with my system. I was
comparing f93efe2a (baseline, last commit before mine) and 8df138ae (my
first commit).
Will run the tests on my machine today and report the results to the
list ASAP.

Michael