Re: Language selection

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Language selection
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 22:59:58 +0200

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 5:36 PM Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:

> I actually had some time now to look into this and I think we can get
> without the symlinks by putting
>
> DefaultLanguage en
>
> into .htaccess; and additionally setup a rewrite to preserve the links:
>
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteRule ^(.+).en.html $1.html [L]
>
> Han-Wen, could you give that a try on lilypond.org? If that works, I
> can put up a proper MR (and maybe also revert the hack from !312).

It appears to work (hurray). There is a large .htaccess with all kinds of
historical cruft in /var/www/lilypond, but I think we could just add the
above .htaccess to the website.zip file, and do the same for the
documentation tarball.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen