Re: maintaining lilypond git repository on github

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: maintaining lilypond git repository on github
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 19:42:41 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2020, 20:55 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2020, 20:28 +0200 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
> > IIRC we talked about setting up automatic updates of
> >
> > https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond
> >
> > but it seems this is still missing.  Is there any progress?
>
> If somebody grants me access to the repo, I can easily add a deploy key
> with write access and setup mirroring from GitLab.

Should be active now. Thanks Urs for adding me to org; and sorry for
two notification emails about added keys, GitLab is apparently still
not good at TOFU for the SSH host keys, even if manually validating the
fingerprints...

> > I've just updated it manually.
>
> Looks like the previous updates didn't purge removed branches, at least
> there are still a bunch that are neither at Savannah nor GitLab. I'd
> propose we delete all but the "protected branches" (GitLab terminology;
> master, translation, stable/*, release/unstable) because these are the
> refs that are going to be mirrored from GitLab.

I'll go ahead with this one next week unless I hear objections until
then.

Cheers
Jonas