Re: accent glyphs too large?

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: accent glyphs too large?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 09:19:58 +0100

> OK, thanks.  Reducing the size of the accent glyph (both vertically
> and horizontally) is a rather trivial change in Emmentaler, and I
> could submit an MR.  However, it might have a large impact on
> formatting older documents.  Is this something we should be concerned?
> Given that we adjust glyphs here and there from time to time I would
> say it doesn't matter much, but I would like to hear opinions.

I looked in Gould for an example where an accidental and an accent
coincide in a similar manner to your example, but I couldn't find one. I
think the change is an improvement, and making something smaller is less
likely to have a negative impact on older documents than making
something bigger would be.

Kevin