Re: 2,21,4 released

From: Masamichi Hosoda
Subject: Re: 2,21,4 released
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2020 15:39:42 +0900 (JST)

> Testing with Frescobaldi would be appreciated, and also with special
> characters in file names. I tried to model this after the code
> Masamichi-san wrote in March, but I'm not sure I understand what it's
> really needed for?

`stat ()` in msvcrt.dll has a problem with some Unicode file names.
So we use `_wstat ()` instead of `stat ()` if msvcrt.dll is used.
To use `_wstat ()`, we need a wide string,
so we use `MultiByteToWideChar ()` to convert it.

`stat ()` in newer UCRTs than msvcrt.dll does not have the problem.
Therefore, if `_UCRT` is defined,
we do not use `_wstat ()` and `MultiByteToWideChar ()`.

If I understand correctly,
`MoveFileExA ()` and `CopyFileA ()` do not have the problem.
So we do not necessarily need to use `MoveFileExW ()` and `CopyFileW ()`.