[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: PATCHES - Countdown for July 28th

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for July 28th
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:50:33 +0200
User-agent: Evolution 3.36.4

Am Dienstag, den 28.07.2020, 09:38 +0200 schrieb Jean Abou Samra:
> > !191 Use URW fonts instead of TeX Gyre as the default - Daniel 
> > Benjamin Miller
> >
> > 
> > which is itself waiting for the release of 2.21.4, but Phil has issues 
> > with GUB. We could of course merge these to master (as I consider 
> > release/unstable in freeze for what will become the release), in the 
> > hope that there are no unforeseen events that require another merge 
> > from master to release/unstable...
> In that case, we could do an interactive rebase

That would destructively rewrite the commit history. For master, this
is bad because it's the base of all development - getting the old
commits backed out of all other branches will be a nightmare. Rewriting
release/unstable is even worse because GUB can't deal with force pushes
and just refuses to do anything (at least in my experiments).
Moreover both branches are mirrored to Savannah which doesn't support
force-pushing, so I'd have to remove the branch(es) and push the new
version(s) - not my favorite type of work.

> or a cherry-picking

In this case we'll end up with two instances of the same commit because
we'll merge release/unstable to master afterwards. If nothing else
helps, that's probably the least bad option but still not my favorite.

My hope is that we finally get that release out, then we can proceed as

> I'd favor merging them, the patch for fonts has been sitting on Waiting for 
> a too long time.
> Thanks,
> Jean

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]