Re: New release

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: New release
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 22:38:07 +0200

Am Montag, den 13.07.2020, 21:07 +0200 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 7:49 PM Phil Holmes <email@philholmes.net> wrote:
> > I created a new release today.  I know that (again) I got the news wrong and
> > will need to fix that.  However, it looks like the web docs are probably not
> > correctly picking up a style sheet (see
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/index_1#Introduction-to-contributing
> >
> > as a simple example) - they're certainly not presented correctly.  Could
> > anyone say what has gone wrong and what needs to be done to fix it?
>
> the 2.21 docs are missing a tocframe section in the manpages. Could
> this be a fallout of the recent texi2html work?

Ouch, that doesn't look good, but probably related to my work. (For all
of the changes, I looked at diffs of the HTML docs before and after my
changes and all looked clean, but that's only my environment...)

From what I saw during a quick look, it could be our init file wasn't
loaded at all - for example, all cross-links are prefixed with the
linked book. I don't remember seeing this locally (does this happen for
anyone?), so one possible difference is the Perl version. GUB has
version 5.10 which is ... ancient. It could be that I'm using
*something* (no Perl expert) that breaks loading the file in GUB. I'll
investigate tomorrow.
Phil, if you still have lilypond.log from your GUB build, that might be
helpful - otherwise GUB is hopefully reproducible enough to re-create
the problem.

> should we install texi2html 5.0 on lilypond.org ?

No, please don't. It would only affect the website build, so not
related to the docs above. And there are "problems" with texi2html 5.0
that makes the result look less perfect than texi2html-1.82.

Jonas