Re: non web_version of web.texi ?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: non web_version of web.texi ?
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 18:48:51 -0700

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 11:26:46AM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Just for clarity, I'm not against having web.texi as an info file or
> PDF file. It's just that I want to get rid of the special casing of
> web_version, which (when switched) off produces a doc with less links.

Ah sorry, it's been a while.  It looks like web_version is
essentially:

if web_version
    LilyPond looks amazing, for example
    @uref{examples.html#Classical-Music, classical music}
    @uref{examples.html#Complex-Notation, complex notation},
else
    LilyPond looks amazing and can display classical music.
endif

Do the @uref lines look reasonable in info and pdf output?
It's possible that I just assumed that it wouldn't work, and added
an unnecessary "fix".
(Come to think of it, it might be possible to replace those lines
with simple @ref{}s.)

if web_version
    @divIf{homepage-sidebar}
    ... links to download and manuals page...

    @html
       ... some kind of javascript...
    @end html

endif

I added the latter in e343a09657b87891893a4cca13e6c1a3d775f34f,
probably because the pdf looked weird, but I can't recall the
exact circumstances.  Unfortunately the commit messages don't
explain much, as you've probably noticed.  :(

Sorry I couldn't help more,
- Graham