Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 11:07:48 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 30.06.2020, 14:54 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Am Montag, den 29.06.2020, 08:25 -0400 schrieb Dan Eble:
> > On Jun 29, 2020, at 07:49, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> > > I got the list down to five corner cases, all involving multiple
> > > commits related to a single issue.

> > > I think it would be sufficient to have the final release that included
> > > all commits, but wanted to check back if everybody agrees on that.
> >
> > Sounds reasonable to me.
>
> Great. I'll go ahead with creating and assigning the milestones
> tomorrow morning.

I think this went fine overall and we now have 321 milestones. As far
as I can tell, disabling the notifications worked as intended and there
was not activity except for my scripts running. If I still overlooked
something you did since 9:00 (CEST), you might want to ping it because
it might get lost otherwise.

The next step will be to go trough all labels Fixed_x_y_z and verify
that the issues now have the correct milestone set, ie open the list of
closed issues for that label (for example
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=closed&label_name[]=Fixed_2_19_84
) and check a) that label and milestone match, and b) there's indeed no
other label that my scripts overlooked. Afterwards, just delete the
label (no need to remove it from the issues first). If you want to
help: I'll start with the oldest versions.

One nice thing of milestones that I learned about yesterday is the
overview of all associated labels:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/milestones/320#tab-labels
That also gives a direct link to all issues with Status::Fixed that
need verification 😉

Cheers
Jonas