Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 13:49:08 +0200

Am Freitag, den 26.06.2020, 11:35 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
> Am Mittwoch, den 24.06.2020, 13:29 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:

> > > Sounds reasonable. That was Trevor's opinion too, if I remember well
> > > (I don't have time to search the archives, though, but I recall it has
> > > been discussed already).
> >
> > Yes, see:
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-05/msg00323.html
> >

> > Actually, it might be a good idea to deal with these issues before
> > running the script, so all (initial) milestones can be assigned
> > automatically. Ok for everyone?
>
> I'll start working on these issues from the top (see list). If you want
> to help, maybe start at the bottom or somewhere in the middle.

I got the list down to five corner cases, all involving multiple
commits related to a single issue.

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/154
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/1861
These two issues saw additional fixes after several years.

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/3807
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/4062
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/5039
Similar, but just multiple patches spread over subsequent releases.

I think it would be sufficient to have the final release that included
all commits, but wanted to check back if everybody agrees on that.

Jonas