scoped labels (was: Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones)

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: scoped labels (was: Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 13:23:51 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 23.06.2020, 13:04 -0400 schrieb Dan Eble:
> On Jun 23, 2020, at 04:40, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> > Pretty much that: You can only have one label from the same scope, and
> > assigning a second automatically removes the old (cf. Patch::*). I
> > actually agree that multiple Type's might be useful. If others are in
> > favor as well, we can just rename the labels.
>
> My default position is to avoid restrictions when there isn't a good reason
> for them.  There are some types in the current set that I can't imagine using
> together – for example (Enhancement|Maintainability) with
> (Crash|Defect|Regression) – but unless that endangers the efficiency of
> someone's workflow, I don't think we should spend time compartmentalizing
> them.
>
> Patch::* obviously need to remain scoped because they name states in a state
> machine.

I think there's agreement that:
 * Type::* should be made plain labels.
 * Patch::* must stay scoped.

I can do the renaming of Type::* if nobody objects.

What about:
 * Needs::* (currently design, evidence, policy); and
 * Status::*
?
We can of course leave them as-is (for now), but I thought I'd just
bring this up.

Jonas