Re: GSoC 2020 update, June 15

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020 update, June 15
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 20:26:22 -0700

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:16 AM Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwenn@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 9:06 AM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

[...] Now we have external
> > metadata files again – not a single one, but a bunch of them...
>
> They're putting the metadata in separate files?

If they are, I'm not aware of it. The specification only mentions one
metadata file, [font name]-metadata.json. There are a few other JSON files
mentioned, but they are only reference files for SMuFL in general, which
are not expected to be packaged with any fonts.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:20 AM Urs Liska <lists@openlilylib.org> wrote:

> If it fits into what they (this is also the www music notation
> community group (https://www.w3.org/community/music-notation/)) see fit
> for the way forward it is certainly possible to talk with them.

I just sent a message to the list with questions, but again it looks like
there will be a delay. There was an option to sign up as a member, but I
wasn't sure what to say as to my "affiliation" with LilyPond and/or GSoC...

Thanks,
Owen