Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 06:53:04 +0100

Hello

On 29/05/2020 18:03, Valentin Villenave wrote:
-- Issues & Labels.  Not that I’m particularly keen to revisit that
matter here; I’ve learned my lesson and stopped trying to intervene
and triage any Issues; it remains to be seen whether
     a) Milestones are a good fit to replace Fixed_2_xx_xx labels;

We need to first tidy up the current labeling so we don't end up with many permutations of the same thing. e.g Fixed_2_xx_xx, FIxed_2_xx_xx fixed_2_xx_xx, pushed_2_xx_xx, fixed2_xx_xx etc. I am going through these manually as I think Jonas said (or maybe I inferred) that there is no nice (and safe) way to do this automatically. Just so everyone knows, going through the 'fixed/Fixed' labels it seems to be a 45/55 split with the later LP versions edging more to the 'Fixed' string, so I am replacing all the labels such that they all start with an upper case then we have some consistency to do whatever we decide on.

The countdown.py script has completely replaced what I used to us, and I no longer use patchy-staging-merge or build doc at all (although I can if needed).My only problems, such as they are, are one of the overly busy interface of Gitlab, and making sure that I don't miss any nested comments in the thread that are supposed to stop a MR moving on in the countdown.

Otherwise everything else needing discussion about the current process I am flexible on and will defer to the group.

Thanks again Jonas.

James