Re: new procedure with GitLab CI

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: new procedure with GitLab CI
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 09:59:59 +0200

Hi James,

Am Samstag, den 23.05.2020, 19:08 +0100 schrieb James Lowe:
> Jonas,
>
> On 23/05/2020 18:59, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've now made the necessary settings, merged the changes in
> > https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/57, changed all
> > existing merge requests to target 'master', and deleted 'staging'.
> > I've not rebased the existing merge requests and there's no need to do
> > so if it's already in one of the later stages (you'll be forced on
> > submission). However remember that James won't get MRs with Patch::new
> > for manual regression testing unless it has passed automated tests.

I just noticed that I forgot to merge the change to countdown.py:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/infrastructure/-/merge_requests/5

The renamed flag --testing now only shows patches in Patch::new that
have passed CI testing. There's no (automatic) infrastructure yet to
reset failed patch to Patch::needs_work, I'll play bot until this
becomes a reality.

> So what do I continue to/stop doing manually?
>
> Sorry if it isn't that clear for me, but is this replacing my testing or
> just patchy-staging merge?

GitLab CI is replacing patchy-staging entirely. With respect to your
process, it does not (yet) run 'make check' for regression testing.
This would need to continue happening in a manual fashion as before.
However you don't need to run 'make doc' and you don't need to test
patches that failed automatic testing (see above).

Jonas