helping with testing resources

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: helping with testing resources
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 20:00:55 +0200

(see my previous message(s) for context on GitLab CI)

If you have spare hardware and / or want to help with CI testing, this
is easy to setup with GitLab. First you'll need their runner and I'll
defer to the excellent documentation: https://docs.gitlab.com/runner/
As testing uses Docker, those sections also apply to you.

Once ready for registration, please send me a note off-list so that I
can share the secret token. Because outside people could use this to
install rogue runners, I don't want to post this publicly. Go through
the registration steps (URL: https://gitlab.com/) and choose the Docker
executor.
Before starting the runner, consider editing the configuration file
manually. There's extensive documentation on what to customize, for
LilyPond the following is interesting:
  environment = [ "MAKE_FLAGS=-j4 CPU_COUNT=4" ]
(or whatever value you like).

If none of our resources pick up the job, GitLab will run it on their
shared runners. I hope we'll stay below the maximum of 50,000 minutes
per month, but I have to figure out how to track this. I think our
runners are prioritized, but this should become clear soon.

Thanks,
Jonas