Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 17th

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 17th
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 15:27:46 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I think for now it's pushing to staging.  Either from the command
>>> line, or because you have set staging as your destination branch in
>>> the GUI, in which case you can use a button (usually starting by
>>> rebase).
>>
>> If using the command line, just make sure to push the rebased commit
>> to the merge request first so that GitLab marks it correctly.  I
>> haven't found a way to set the "merged" state manually after the
>> commits have hit staging...
>
> It seems we should provide a small script 'lilypond-commit', to be
> used by everyone...

There are a few small scripts on the agenda...  It turns out that one
can achieve a whole lot just using git commands (like with git push
options) without even needing to consult a Gitlab API.  Together with
conventions for branch/tag naming, there is a lot of potential to
achieve similar functionality to what we once did with git-cl with much
much less code and work since basically all of the transport of
information can be done using the git command line.