Re: Commit ID doesn't match with what is claimed to be pushed.

From: James
Subject: Re: Commit ID doesn't match with what is claimed to be pushed.
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 15:12:29 +0100

Hello

On 14/05/2020 14:55, Carl Sorensen wrote:
I've been verifying commits.

I have found one that is problematic:

https://gitab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/5531

This issue claims to have been pushed with the commit ID c24f83991b772a65c15b6290cf70d725def117bd

 https://codereview.appspot.com/560790043

However, this commit is not found in the repository when I search by commit.

A commit with the same title, however, is found.

https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/commit/1d4717d0db37e2906915dfe95a4fc3de990e4f80

And looking through the commit, it appears that all the changes are present.

I assume that the best thing to do is to put the new commit id in a comment on the issue, and then mark the issue as Status::Verified.

Are there any objections to this action?

Thanks,

Carl

This is a commit I pushed for someone way back but that I think David had some problems with when he came to do his cherry picking and had to fix it. So yes put in that new commit.

See: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-02/msg00009.html

James