Re: migrating to GitLab

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: migrating to GitLab
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 16:11:53 -0400

On May 9, 2020, at 15:13, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ->CS At any rate, I think that we should have appropriate CG
>> instructions at the time we make the switch.  They don't have to be
>> perfect (the CG has a much lower editing bar than the NR), but they
>> need to be in place, IMO.
>
> It's sort of a hen and egg problem: if we want to have all that before,
> it increases the workload for those preparing the migration and they
> have to guess.
>
> I totally agree that the CG should reflect the new workflows.  But at
> the time we do the switch, those new workflows are still in flux.

I understand Carl's perspective, but I'm on the side of jumping in.  I don't
expect that we'll be inundated with newbie contributors between now and the
time we figure out what to put in the CG.

Maybe we could put in a minimal note referring to the project on GitLab and
explaining that a more thorough CG revision is pending.
—
Dan