GSoC for LilyPond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: GSoC for LilyPond
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 08:58:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Owen,

welcome to LilyPond :-) We are glad that you are with us the next few
months (and maybe even longer), and thank you in advance for the work
on your project.

Our main communication is e-mail, which has served us well since the
very beginning.  Except for really private messages I ask you to
always send e-mails to the 'address@hidden' mailing list, so
please subscribe in case you haven't done so already.  While you have
me as a personal mentor, it is rather the collective wisdom of this
list that will guide you through your work.  In particular, you might
get an answer earlier because we are distributed all over the world,
living in different time zones.

We don't have an IRC channel, sorry.  Note also that most of us don't
have English as our mother tongue, which also means that we are more
comfortable with writing e-mails than talking directly.  For the
former, there is simply more time to formulate words correctly.

Don't be shy!  You should never hesitate to ask even simple things, if
necessary.  LilyPond is a very complex piece of software...

    Werner