Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@h

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 03:46:49 -0700

On 2020/05/03 10:40:25, dak wrote:
> On 2020/05/03 09:46:56, hahnjo wrote:
> > rebase + allow -dgs-api=#f to still fork
>
> I decided to look up the terms of the Affero GPL version 3.  The
relevant
> differences are:
> [...]

I think you're not looking at the right direction, ie we're not
integrating GPL (LilyPond) into AGPL (Ghostscript), but the other way
around. In that case Section 13 of the GPL 3.0 is relevant:

> Notwithstanding any other provision of this License, you have
permission to link or combine any covered work with a work licensed
under version 3 of the GNU Affero General Public License into a single
combined work, and to convey the resulting work. The terms of this
License will continue to apply to the part which is the covered work,
but the special requirements of the GNU Affero General Public License,
section 13, concerning interaction through a network will apply to the
combination as such.

Note there is no mention of modifying the work, AGPL applies "to the
combination as such".

https://codereview.appspot.com/548030043/