Re: Use vectors rather than lists for skylines. (issue 583750043 by addr

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Use vectors rather than lists for skylines. (issue 583750043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 05:34:01 -0700

Here is how I have experienced this discussion:

DAK: this is micro-optimization that causes memory fragmentation.

HW: No, it's not; here is a benchmark that shows decreased memory use as
well.

DAK: We could use even different data structures in the future.

HW: This seems very philosophical to me.

Maybe I misunderstood, because the hardcoding of a specific STL
container type predates this patch.

If you want me to use "auto" instead of
"vector<Building>::const_iterator", can you just point to the line in
the code and say "could you use auto instead of an iterator here"?

thanks,

https://codereview.appspot.com/583750043/