Re: Patchy email

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 20:40:56 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 19.04.2020, 20:03 +0200 schrieb David Kastrup:
> David Kastrup <
> address@hidden
> > writes:
>
> > David Kastrup <
> > address@hidden
> > > writes:
> >
> > > David Kastrup <
> > > address@hidden

> > > So I am afraid that things are rather weird at my side:
> > >
> > > input/regression/font-name-add-files.ly:244:4: error: GUILE signaled an
> > > error for the expression beginning here
> > >   #
> > >    (rmdir dummyfontdir)
> > > Directory not empty
> > > Finding the ideal number of pages...
> > > Fitting music on 1 page...
> > > Drawing systems...
> > > Layout output to `/tmp/lilypond-pXKtKN'...
> > > Converting to `font-name-add-files-1.pdf'...
> > > Deleting `/tmp/lilypond-pXKtKN'...
> > > fatal error: failed files: "input/regression/font-name-add-files.ly"
> > > dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond2$ ls -l dummyfont-C5PUYM-dir/
> > > total 0
> > > dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond2$ ls -la dummyfont-C5PUYM-dir/
> > > total 12
> > > drwxrwxr-x  2 dak dak 4096 Apr 19 19:51 .
> > > drwxrwxr-x 25 dak dak 4096 Apr 19 19:51 ..
> > > -rw-r--r--  1 dak dak   36 Apr 19 19:51 .uuid
> > > dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond2$ cat dummyfont-C5PUYM-dir/.uuid
> > > 35d52a4b-44f7-41b6-afca-165a4187aa4fdak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond2$
> > >
> > > Does anybody have an idea _what_ and _why_ would leave a .uuid file
> > > lying around in the temporary file with, well, an uuid kind of number in
> > > it?  Is that an artifact of my freetype library or something?
> >
> > Seems to be something that fontconfig does.
>
> Just in case:
>
> dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond2$ fc-list -V
> fontconfig version 2.13.1

In case it helps, they're removing the uuid functionality again:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/fontconfig/fontconfig/commit/c4324f54ee16e648ba91f3e9c66af13ab3b1754c

So I guess the fix is to delete the (temporary) directory and all
contained files? And maybe putting it under /tmp?

Oh, and ignore my comment that I had tested this with Guile 2.2. Looks
like I didn't (at least not properly).