Re: Issue #5822 aftermath: download sizes are gone from web site

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Issue #5822 aftermath: download sizes are gone from web site
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:21:10 +0100

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 1:33 PM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> The website uses scripts that aren't directly checked out from
> >> savannah, so you can't directly compromise the webserver through code
> >> commits.
> >>
> >> I can update the scripts.
> >
> > Any chance of giving this a try now?  The stuff is in master's script
> > now.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Ping?

I installed the script on Sunday

The website build tries to do incremental builds (which, given the
state of the build system isn't a great idea).

If I remove 'out-website', and build from scratch, I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/graham/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-weblinks-itexi.py",
line 602, in <module>
    make_download_source("downloadStableSource", VERSION_STABLE, lang)
  File "/home/graham/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-weblinks-itexi.py",
line 454, in make_download_source
    make_macro(macroLang(name,lang), string)
  File "/home/graham/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-weblinks-itexi.py",
line 428, in make_macro
    print(string.encode('utf-8'))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position
74: ordinal not in range(128)
website.make:225: recipe for target 'out-website/weblinks.itexi' failed
make: *** [out-website/weblinks.itexi] Error 1

a debug print suggests this comes from

>>> x =
>>> u"@uref{http://lilypond.org/download/sources/v2.20/lilypond-2.20.0.tar.gz,
>>> Código fuente: lilypond-2.20.0.tar.gz}"
>>> x[74]
'ó'
>>> ord(x[74])
243
>>> x.encode("utf-8")
b'@uref{http://lilypond.org/download/sources/v2.20/lilypond-2.20.0.tar.gz,
C\xc3\xb3digo fuente: lilypond-2.20.0.tar.gz}'

Looks like these strings come from the source code itself.

graham@lilypond-webserver:~/lilypond/build-website$ python --version
Python 2.7.12

make.website should specify python3 rather than python.

Do the string literals with unicode codepoints need to be declared as u" " ?

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanweng