Re: make builds everything

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: make builds everything
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 20:16:21 +0100

Am 21.03.20 um 19:19 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 6:12 PM Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi list,

first of all, I’d like thank those who made the make output less
verbose, this makes errors much easier to find. Is there a reason for
building every .o file every time a single .cc file is changed? It’s
very time-consuming when you want to test little changes …

AFAIK it doesn't do this.

Hm … Trying I don’t have this problem either. I think it’s rather “building every .o file every time a single .h file is changed” …

If you're concerned about build speed I can
recommend installing and enabling ccache, which will speed up many
incremental builds.