Re: [LSR 2.20] #114 (a doc-tagged partcombine-snippet) complains

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: [LSR 2.20] #114 (a doc-tagged partcombine-snippet) complains
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 10:30:19 -0700 (MST)

Hi Harm,

I can't comment on the unterminated slur at the moment, but I think the
"Solo II" should never have been there.

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> Also, the "Solo II"-text vanishes, see attached images.

Why should there be a "Solo II" text at all?  Both voices are still present
and in action, there is no rest in voice I.  The more recent LilyPond
versions now correctly recognize this and so you even don't need the
\stemDown command anymore.
As a result, the automatically maintained polyphonic stem down direction and
no "Solo II" text are perfectly alright, aren't they?

As to the slur problem, obviously two slurs are being started but only one
of them is being ended, thus producing the "unterminated slur" error
message.
I haven't got a clue, but starting with one single note and ending with a
"chord" will result in an "unterminated slur" warning, whereas starting with
a "chord" and ending with one single note will result in an "cannot end
slur" warning.

Cheers,
Torsten

--