Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 08:00:49 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/Documentation/notation/vocal.itely
File Documentation/notation/vocal.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/Documentation/notation/vocal.itely#newcode894
Documentation/notation/vocal.itely:894: ah \vowelTransition _ _ _ _
is it vowel transtition or lyric transition?

make the grob name consistent (grob VowelTransition, or identifier
\lyricTransition)

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/lily/spanner.cc
File lily/spanner.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/lily/spanner.cc#newcode368
lily/spanner.cc:368: w += -d * r->item_drul_[d]->extent
(r->item_drul_[d], X_AXIS)[-d];
this looks suspect. If you translate either items (relative to the
paper-column it is attached to), then this will leave the rod alone.
Shouldn't the extent be relative to the item' paper column?

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/lily/spanner.cc#newcode393
lily/spanner.cc:393: SCM min_length_correction = me->get_property
("minimum-length-correction");
the behavior you add is specific to your new feature, so I think it
would be best to avoid changing spanner.cc (and at the same time,
avoiding wholesale copies of this spanner.cc code)

Could you summarize for me what the behavior should be? Sorry for being
a little dense here.  (And how should they behave across line breaks?)

It is strange to introduce a minimum-length-correction, when you could
introduce a callback for minimum-length that calculates a different
value.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/lily/spanner.cc#newcode414
lily/spanner.cc:414: r.distance_ -= bounds_protrusion (&r);
this is weird.  You're using r.item_drul_ here, but then in the next
line, you overwrite r.item_drul_. What's going on?

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/lily/spanner.cc#newcode421
lily/spanner.cc:421: r.distance_ += bounds_protrusion (&r);
and now you're doing += after doing -=  ?

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/scm/define-grobs.scm
File scm/define-grobs.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/diff/553710043/scm/define-grobs.scm#newcode1471
scm/define-grobs.scm:1471: (minimum-length-correction .
,ly:spanner::calc-padding-correction)
The function calc-xxx is usually used for calculating the xxx property,
so the naming is off.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/