Re: [LSR 2.20] broken: #889

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [LSR 2.20] broken: #889
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 13:43:03 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Werner recently asked about lsr-upgrade, thus I had a first look.
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=889
> "Automatically coloring grobs to indicate when their direction has
> been manually set" seems broken.
> Boils down to:
> \new Voice \with { \tweak color #red Slur } { a'( b') }
> failing in 2.20.
>
> Is there a direct replacement?

\propertyTweak

> The snippet itself could be fixed by using \override rather then
> \tweak, imho.

That's much to be preferred.  It's hard to explain the difference
between

\lyricsmode { \tweak color #red LyricText bla }

and

\lyricsmode { \tweak color #red bla bla }

and using \propertyTweak does not help.  Because of this rabbit hole,
\tweak proper has been reduced again to just tweak music expressions.