Re: two LSR questions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: two LSR questions
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 15:20:55 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> Folks,
>

> three questions regarding the LSR.
>
> (1) Will the PNG images shown in the LSR automatically be regenerated
>     if a snippet gets updated?  Or do I have to do something?
>
> (2) Will the LSR be re-imported into the LilyPond git repository
>     before the 2.21 release?
>
> (3) When will the LSR be updated to use LilyPond 2.20?

This is sort of an independent question but had me puzzling for quite a
while: why don't the snippets (displayed or downloaded) contain a
\version line?  I understand it is some sort of policy decision, but I
think it makes it more rather than less likely that non-updated code is
tripping LSR users up, and it means that the LSR can only provide
snippets for a single version at one point of time.