Re: Re: a new way to build LilyPond binary releases

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Re: a new way to build LilyPond binary releases
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 16:17:25 +0100

On 2020-03-12 14:39, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
I did test some more advanced files than "{ c' }", but apparently not
complicated enough. I think this one actually has the same root case as
Karlin reported: I traced this back to the garbage collector freeing
objects prematurely. Apparently it's not really happy that I made it
unaware of threading...
I've just finished building anew, please give
https://github.com/hahnjo/lilypond-binaries/releases/tag/2020-03-12 a
try. Or rebuild with the updated scripts 😉

I did a quick test of the lilypond-linux-x86_64-full.tar.gz version on a reasonably large project (some 80+ page output string quartet score) and it runs without any error messages and produces correct output, with the exception of Unicode characters in titling that are completely garbled, but that's perhaps a known issue.

When untarring the package, I happened to notice that the tar ball contains a number of soft links to /home/jonas/lilypond-binaries/dependencies/install/fontconfig-2.13.1/...

   /Mats