Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden

From: davidgrant . no
Subject: Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 02:08:25 -0700

On 2020/03/11 02:30:04, Dan Eble wrote:
> How about calling it a gradual-vowel-change-event?  Come
> to think of it, is this only for vowels, or would it be appropriate to
use it
> for, say, sh -> ss?

Gould talks specifically about vowels, but I don't see any reason why it
shouldn't apply to sh->ss, or even from vowel to closed mouth. How about
gradual-syllable-change-event?

> It sounds (and the examples make
> it look) like something with a specific starting moment and duration,
more like
> a syllable of its own than like a hyphen, as I see it.
The arrow could start from an empty "" syllable, so not directly at a
(visible) syllable. If this is acceptable I'll add a regression test for
this situation.

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/